paladinlost: (facepalm)
Cecil Harvey ([personal profile] paladinlost) wrote in [community profile] victory_road2026-03-01 08:33 pm

149th moon [video]

[The feed opens with a collection of stones, viewed from above. And not just any collection, mind you! Every item is carefully placed on a little pillow and sorted by color, creating a veritable rainbow of rocks. And not just any rocks, mind you! Some of them are purely pretty, due to their hue or sheen or even shape, but others would cost a pretty penny at the Department Store or the Christmas market. Certainly, they were gathered with care by a connoisseur. And not just any–]


Regina, dearest, would you please show everyone the eggs first? They are the ones in need of new homes, after all.


[Regina the camerapokémon sighs (or is it growls?) deeply, before turning the Pokégear towards what is by all accounts the beginning of an impressive pile of eggs... for about half a second. Cecil doesn't even have time to get started on his sales pitch before the video goes right back to the stones. The precious, beautiful stones.]


Please go back to the eggs, Regina. You can tell everyone about your collection once we're done.


[This time the Pokégear doesn't even reach the eggs before Regina returns to her beloved treasures. Who cares about the babies (including her own!) when there is such beauty to be found in the world? When there is such–]


Regina. The eggs.


[Regina does not care about the eggs, right now, and expresses that feeling by throwing the Pokégear aside with a screech. From the air, the feed catches a glimpse of a very large, very unhappy Tyrantrum before it hits an obstacle and turns off.]
autumnrainrunaway: (I'm Intrigued Please Continue)

[personal profile] autumnrainrunaway 2026-03-02 02:32 am (UTC)(link)
[ Woah...those sure were a lot of eggs, but more importantly, Dolly felt that big time when she has to wrestle with Dart for Carol Ann II the PokeGear..Pokemon be funny like that sometimes. ]

Pokemon are funny like that, I had to make my own Pokemon take a break from the PokeGear too.

[ Dolly goes to make herself a bit more comfortable at the Inn in New Bark while her Pokemon play with each other for the time being. ]

That was a lot of eggs though..will that be something I have to expect with my own team?
autumnrainrunaway: (You will!?)

[personal profile] autumnrainrunaway 2026-03-03 03:30 am (UTC)(link)
I'm sure Regina will come around soon, she just seemed to be really excited about her rocks.

[ The dread beast called the teenage years...Dolly already has that with Dart...Dolly has no clue how bad Dart will be once evolved with hands of her own. ]

[ Dolly was definitely lucky on having a nearly all female team so far save for Curly and Trinket. Though.. ]

If you'd like, I'm definitely interested in purchasing two eggs. I'm going to be tackling the Kanto gyms soon and I really did enjoy hatching this little one beforehand.

[ Dolly goes to turn her PokeGear towards her Galarian Ponyta, Godiva, who just gives a confused look at being film live. ]
autumnrainrunaway: (I'm Intrigued Please Continue)

[personal profile] autumnrainrunaway 2026-03-03 04:38 am (UTC)(link)
Well, I have a strongly fairy type or soon to be fairy type team so far save for Dart, she's the only pure ghost type I have onboard. I'd like to check out some perspective fairy types, but I'd like to look at what'll help with the first gym.

[ The dread beast Rock type...Dolly does have Trinket the Klefki but...can she truly trust Trinket to NOT try to commit PokeCrimes during battle? ]

What would you recommend for the Pewter City Gym?

[ Dolly was fully invested and eager to learn what eggs are available. ]
autumnrainrunaway: (I'm Confused)

[personal profile] autumnrainrunaway 2026-03-04 04:28 am (UTC)(link)
[ Sweet Mac Lir, that is the cutest voice Dolly ever heard when Rosie speaks up to help Cecil...it pretty much cemented Dolly's affection for the Fairy Type Pokemon. ]

[ Maybe one day soon, Dolly will have a Clefairy of her own..Focus Dolly! Dolly thinks in consideration of the eggs. ]

I'm definitely interested in Eevee, that one looks like a pretty good Pokemon to have on the team. Which one of them would be part water type?

autumnrainrunaway: (Pure Wonderment)

[personal profile] autumnrainrunaway 2026-03-08 07:04 pm (UTC)(link)
[ That had Dolly's full and unadulterated attention. Musically gifted you say? Well Dolly is sold fully on it Soundproof ability be damned! Also a new mystery to add to the growing list of Gym leaders...does Brock's Pokemon even have soundproof? ]

I'm fully interested in the Popplio egg then, that sounds like a delightful little one to join the family then.

[ Oh right...timing! Well that was a silly thing of Dolly to forget to bring up. ]

Goodness, my manners, what time will work for you for delivery? I'll be sailing out tomorrow for Pallet Town.
Edited (Autocorrect attacked :x) 2026-03-08 19:04 (UTC)
autumnrainrunaway: (I'm Confused)

[personal profile] autumnrainrunaway 2026-03-14 12:56 am (UTC)(link)
Wonderful, I'll meet up with your Pokemon in Pallet Town. I'll be needing to supply up a bit there before making the major track down to Viridian City....what is Mt. Mortar though?

[ It didn't sound like a magically wonderful place to visit...unless a certain old witch that lived in a hunt with chicken legs was living in there though. That would've been a different story all together. ]
autumnrainrunaway: (I'm Shock like Truly shocked right now)

[personal profile] autumnrainrunaway 2026-03-21 06:20 am (UTC)(link)
Okay so avoid Mt. Mortar unless I want to become a cave dwelling weirdo, keeping that to heart.

[ Dolly had memories of having to live in a cave before with her entire generation...it was not great times and it had the worst imaginable name possible. Sorry Trainer Red! ]

autumnrainrunaway: (I'm Shock like Truly shocked right now)

[personal profile] autumnrainrunaway 2026-03-24 02:10 am (UTC)(link)
Right, mentally taking a note on that end to not mention 'Cave Dwelling Weirdo' when at Saffron city. I take it the master of the fighting dojo there is a gym leader?

[ Dolly would have to agree with Cecil had she heard it aloud, masters of fighting dojos typically evolve into cave dwelling weirdoes that take on bears with their bare hands. Heard they were kinda grizzly to witness in person. ]
autumnrainrunaway: (I'm Confused)

[personal profile] autumnrainrunaway 2026-04-01 03:51 am (UTC)(link)
Well that certainly is an odd one, I wonder if they're in a rivalry of sorts then?

[ Oh Dolly, you have no clue how close to the nose you are to the rivalry observation! ]
outofsynth: (when i was young)

video;

[personal profile] outofsynth 2026-03-02 04:23 pm (UTC)(link)
[Oh. No. This looks like he has disastrous potential.]

Is your Gear okay?
outofsynth: (until the feeling is gone)

video;

[personal profile] outofsynth 2026-03-03 08:18 pm (UTC)(link)
[It does answer it, but it's good to hear it. And an even bigger relief to know the Tyrantrum hadn't damaged any eggs. It hadn't occurred to him that might have been the direction the device had been tossed in.]

I'm glad they were all all right. Eggs don't usually come in sturdier models.

[Well. Maybe some of the sturdier typings do, but that isn't the case for most.]
outofsynth: (to watch the sun go down)

video;

[personal profile] outofsynth 2026-03-05 05:26 pm (UTC)(link)
They're surprisingly durable, but I try not to take any chances I don't have to. They are still eggs.

I'm glad yours were all okay.
Edited 2026-03-05 17:26 (UTC)
phoenixwiz: (What?!?)

video

[personal profile] phoenixwiz 2026-03-04 07:15 am (UTC)(link)
I honestly wasn’t expecting Pokémon to have a knack for creating stone collections of their own as big as the one she has made.

(Harry is stunned by how vast and very well organized Regina’s stone collection is. He knows that some of his team have a tendency to collect whatever catches their attention at the moment (usually pebbles, loose coins, and berries, plushies if they can beg him to buy one for them), though not to the same extent as Regina the shiny stone collecting Tyrantrum.

Don’t get him wrong, he does appreciate her interest in these shiny stones but she should really focus on helping with Cecil on the big eggs matter first. Now he is terrified of how some of his younger Pokémon will behave when they hit their (pre-)teen years soon.)


… Oh Merlin, that is so many eggs right now.
phoenixwiz: (When He Smiles)

video

[personal profile] phoenixwiz 2026-03-08 07:39 pm (UTC)(link)
In any case, it is quite remarkable to see the efforts of her work to become where it is now. Hmmm yes, it is very likely that she may have contacted them for it to happen. I was pretty surprised to not have a visit from them this year for some reason, not sure on why just yet.

I could say the same thing for me when it comes to Pokémon deciding to tag along with me instead of having to fight my team head on. I nearly gave up thinking about finding new Pokémon on my own in the long run as my team grows over time. Thankfully none of my team don’t have plans to have loads of eggs for now.
phoenixwiz: (We Need to Talk)

video

[personal profile] phoenixwiz 2026-03-14 11:39 am (UTC)(link)
Yes, that could be true. That is very possible that they decided to spare me and my team from whatever misfortune they might have sent to me this year and went for other places instead.

(Harry is still stumped by the fact that he was not be allowed to do any gym challenges one year despite his very generous hospitality attempts to appease the fortune granting Snorunts.)

Oh right. I need to check on my team to see who among them is more interested in getting eggs at some point and probably ask them about their thoughts on having eggs later. I’m starting to realise that I might need to brace for a possibility of some of my team producing eggs in the future.
phoenixwiz: (We Need to Talk)

video

[personal profile] phoenixwiz 2026-03-22 05:07 pm (UTC)(link)
I thought so as well.

Okay, got it. Thanks for the advice, Cecil. I’ll try to set up a meeting with my team immediately so we can discuss how not to get any crazy ideas of having so many eggs on a whim. Many of them do listen to me whenever we have these talks so I’m a little hopeful that they’ll follow my instructions as soon as possible.

And I am also considering to adopt some eggs as well.
phoenixwiz: (When He Smiles)

video

[personal profile] phoenixwiz 2026-03-25 03:14 am (UTC)(link)
I’m going to do my best to do it right and get them to understand the troubles the eggs might bring if they’re not being careful.

Okay then, there are some species I’m looking forward to care for. Though I don’t have any specific ones in mind, I never had a Fossil Pokémon before so I would like to raise one myself.

(He takes a moment to decide based on what he could see on the video feed before he finally makes up his decision and find an Amuara egg followed closely by a Mimikyu one, a Heracross egg and a Litwick egg.)

Hm… I would like to pick up Amuara, Mimikyu, Heracross and Litwick eggs.
phoenixwiz: (Confidence Within)

video

[personal profile] phoenixwiz 2026-04-01 07:03 pm (UTC)(link)
Wow. That’s pretty amazing. I am quite impressed that they have just as amazing personalities to develop as much as any other Pokémon. I do hope that the Amuara will grow into a happy healthy Pokémon under my care.

Oh yes, please. That would be greatly appreciated a lot.